Healthy and Active for Life Online
What is it?
Healthy and Active for Life Online is a FREE 10-week healthy lifestyle program for adults aged 60 years* and over. Each 10-week program begins at the start of the school term.
- The program will help you learn how to make small, sustainable changes in your lifestyle to improve your health.
- The program covers lots of topics including healthy eating and physical activity.
- No prior knowledge or exercise experience is required!
How does it work?
The program is delivered online, in the comfort of your own home. Simply log in to your online account to complete the weekly modules and exercises.
Who is the program for?
Healthy and Active for Life Online is for older adults who:
- Do not currently participate in a regular exercise program (excluding walking groups)
- Are living independently in the community (i.e. not in a nursing home)
- Are able to walk safely inside their home without a walking aid
What do I get?
- Access to weekly online healthy lifestyle modules and two online exercise programs
- Weekly handouts and an exercise manual
- Telephone support to keep you motivated
- Ongoing access to the online modules and exercise programs for 12 months
What do I need?
- Access to a computer or tablet with internet
- Space to exercise safely in your home
- Medical clearance, if you have a pre-existing condition
*Aboriginal people aged 45+ years can register.
Weekly self-paced online learning modules for 10 weeks.
Programs for 2022 start on the following dates:
- Term 3 - Mon 18th July 2022
- Term 4 - Mon 10th October 2022
Each program is delivered for 10 weeks during the school term. Register here.
60 Plus, 65 Plus
Participants who would not be suitable for the program:
People who use a walking frame indoors, people with cognitive impairments or people who are already participating in an exercise program or group (excluding walking groups).
Special requirements or conditions:
Participants must have access to a computer or laptop with internet connection.
Healthcare Clearance Requirement: