Regular physical activity is important for everyone, especially as we get older. Regular physical activity can help you to stay fit and independent as long as possible, reduce your risk of a fall and help to prevent chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Research shows that any exercise, at any age, is worth the effort and can improve your health and well- being. Regular physical activity and exercise can help to:
- improve your strength and fitness;
- keep you independent and able to do the activities of everyday life;
- improve your balance and prevent falls;
- prevent or reduce the impact of chronic diseases;
- reduce stress, anxiety and depression; and
- improve your concentration, confidence and sense of wellbeing.